The Claitec Pedestrian Alert System is a solution for the prevention of workplace accidents between forklift trucks and pedestrians. This forklift proximity warning system can also be used to activate lights and/or buzzers at intersections and blind corners, or to automatically lock/unlock gates when a forklift is approaching. Warehouse pedestrian safety is of the utmost importance, and automated systems go a long way in ensuring the safety of everyone on the floor. Forklift proximity sensors provide pedestrians with greater situational awareness by alerting them to the presence of forklifts operating within the area, before they may have a chance to witness them with their own eyes. This contributes to good forklift and pedestrian safety practice by minimizing the risk of collisions.
This Pedestrian Alert System (PAS) kit consists of the following components which are fitted to the forklift (In addition to these components, every PAS Kit comes with all the items required, cabling, wiring, fasteners, brackets, etc for a complete installation):
Pedestrian Alert System Extension
Extend the fitted Pedestrian Alert System to activate lights/buzzers at intersections,blind corners or lock/unlock gates
- Detection of pedestrians in the forklift’s proximity.
- Detection distance is automatically adjusted depending on the speed of the machine.
- Front and back detection zone from 0.5 to 6.5 metres.
- Side detection zone of up to 4 metres.
- Easy implementation by local distributor or installer.
- Durable and robust system components.
- Applicable to all types of industrial vehicles up to 4T load capacity (over 4T load capacity vehicles may be suitable with the addition of a Repeater).
- Ideal in areas where the speed limit is up to 10km/h
- Extend the fitted PAS on the forklift to activate warnings at blind corner, intersections etc