Temperature IndicatorsShockwatch Temperature Indicators are easy-to-read and highly visible single use indicators. For either cold or heat sensitivity, equip your cold chain with the ability to identify compromised product before delivery and reduce packaging costs. Read More >
Temperature RecordersTemperature recorders may be single or multi-use devices that visually and electronically monitor when temperatures fall or rise outside of acceptable range and then alert the shipper or receiver that products may need to be guaranteed for safety or quality regulations. Read More >
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use temperature indicators or recorders even if I haven’t had issues?
With increased TGA regulations on food products and other regulations on different products, it’s become increasingly essential to maintain the integrity of temperature sensitive products.
Having proper indicators or recorders throughout every stage of the supply chain ensures the product arrives uncompromised and lets you find and address potential issues related to temperature regulation.
Unexpected delays at any stage of the supply chain, along with neglect and improper transport or storage, can compromise product quality or safety. Proper temperature indicators or recorders will allow you to ensure any delays or neglect have not negatively compromised your product quality.What equipment or software will I need?
Our single use indicators do not require any special equipment, training or software to be used successfully. Our single or multi use recorders require software for the correct product parameter setup for monitoring temperature excursions.How easy are these temperature indicators or recorders to use?
All ShockWatch temperature indicators and recorders are easy to use and attach to your products. Most products only require one indicator. Multiple indicators may be used for very large products or sensitive shipments. Activation of the indicators is simple with the removal of a protective strip or by pushing a button. ShockWatch temperature indicators are self-adhesive and easy to attach to products or product packaging. Shockwatch temperature recorders are easily placed near the products being monitored and can be activated automatically or by pushing a button.Which type of indicator/recorder is best for my product?
The best indicator or recorder for your product will vary depending on several factors such as:
- - Is the product sensitive to damage from cold, heat, or both?
- - Does single exposure render the product improperly handled or does the temperature need to remain above or below the threshold for a long period of time for damage to occur?
- - Do you require a single-use indicator (either compromised or not compromised) or a temperature recorder that captures data every minute? A temperature recorder can better tell you which stage in the supply chain has been compromised and for how long
- - The single-use indicator can be a more cost-effective solution if you just need to know if the shipment has been compromised and not when.
- - Do you have any special requirements, such as monitoring products in extreme environments such as low temperatures of -80 degrees C or being submerged in water?
We also have specific temperature indicators to comply with the latest regulations on shipments such as:
- - Blood Bags
- - Seafood shipments
- - Food shipments
How accurate are ShockWatch temperature indicators and recorders?
All ShockWatch temperature indicators and recorders are highly accurate, ranging from 0.5°C to 2°C in accuracy. You can see the specific temperature accuracy for each specific product inside the product page.What temperature ranges can I monitor?
You can use Shockwatch monitors to measure or indicate temperatures ranging from -80°C to +37°C.