The Visual Alert System is an innovative development that warns pedestrians and/or forklifts in situations of risk by projecting customisable signals on the ground.
WHY USE THE VISUAL ALERT SYSTEM
This system differs from other signage options in that it’s highly effective and visible.
Experience shows us that projections on the ground provide better visibility than those projected above.
They are also better than the commonly used panoramic mirrors since these are often placed too high to be seen and paid attention to. In many cases, these mirrors become part of the landscape of the workspace and operators don’t give them due consideration.
With a projector that emits a signal on the ground, it’s easier to capture a person’s attention. This person receives a much more direct and easier to detect the warning.
HOW DOES IT WORK
The system has two types of projectors available: a 50w and a 120w.
Visual Alert System 50w Projector
Visual Alert System 120w Projector
The 50w projector is used for sites that have low ambient light, while the 120w projector is much more powerful and suitable for warehouses or production plants with lots of lighting.
The projector has the option to have 1 to 3 different colour lenses to project 1 to 3 colour symbols on the ground.. The projected symbols are customisable.
This system only involves placing the projector in the position where you want to locate the warning symbols.
Some examples of what can be projected are a forklift sign, pedestrian signs, a STOP warning, a pedestrian crossing, a speed limit sign, a “no smoking” sign or a signal indicating that the use of mobile phones is prohibited. There are many other options available.
How It Works
- All forklifts are fitted with the Pedestrian Alert System (PAS)
- A TZ2tag is fitted to the wall or racking to detect oncoming forklift
- Control Box
Main Operating Characteristics
- When a forklift comes into range of the TZ2 tag, the Projector will turn on and display the image to alert pedestrians or other forklifts of oncoming forklift
- Detection range up to 7m
- More than one TZ2 tag could be used for earlier notification
- Logistics centres
- Production areas
- Spaces separating production areas from offices
- Corridors and transit areas in industrial spaces
- Blind spots in work spaces
- Customisation according to the needs of each client
- Simple installation – it only involves placing the projector in the location where you want the signal to be seen
- Image is easy to see
- Does not wear out
- Can be turned on and off
- Projected signs can be changed
- Product durability of the projectors
- Very visible
- Attract attention
- Can also be combined with the PAS System to trigger the projector to turn on when approaching a designated area.
Toyota combined Claitec’s PAS and VAS Systems to solve a need developed by OEZ Letohrad of the Siemens group in Europe, which produces automatic compact switches for customers around the world. In this case, Toyota evaluated the occupational safety threats present in the mentioned firm and offered a solution to avoid the risk of possible collisions between loading equipment and employees in unsafe places and areas with high volume of traffic, such as crossings and corridors.
Pedestrian Alert System
Collision Avoidance System
Blind Spot System
Low Speed Area