The Narrow Aisle Safety solution for forklifts (NAS) cautions forklift drivers of the proximity of another forklift in narrow aisles where there is limited room to let the forklift operator outside the aisleway that there is a forklift already in the ailse.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
- Confined areas.
- Poor visibility areas at junctions between forklifts.
- Areas with high forklift traffic
HOW IT WORKS?
- Traffic Lights are placed at the end of each aisleway
- Each forklift has reflective tape placed on each side of the cage
- An LSA kit with detection sensors is installed at the end of each aisleway
All traffic lights are normally green. When a forklift enters the narrow aisleway the reflective tape on the side of the truck passes the detection sensor and triggers the traffic light to switch it from green to red and it will remain red whilst it remains in the aisleway. When the forklift is leaving the aisleway, the reflective tape on the truck will pass the detection sensor and trigger the traffic light to switch from green to red to signal that the aisleway is now clear.
The system comprises the following components:
- LSA kit with detection sensors
- Traffic Light
- Reflective tape