The ShockWatch Intelligent Proximity Alert System (IPAS) by KIGIS is designed to reduce the risk of workplace collisions, both vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrians. IPAS combines the latest ultrawide band (UWB) technology with a highly reliable collision warning in light, sound and voice-alert format. With a dual-zone detection range of up to 30 metres, it’s suitable for all types of heavy machinery and worksites.
UWB technology-based highly accurate distance measurement
Out-of-the-box with no-registration and no-calibration
Acoustic or vibrated alarm for both a driver and a pedestrian
Simple and customizable configuration and operation
Vehicle Tag (VT)
Installed on top of the vehicle, the Vehicle Tag detects the Pedestrian Tag, another Vehicle Tag (VT), the Flashlight Zone Tag (FZT) and the Crossway Zone Tag (CZT) using UWB (Ultrawide Band) Technology.
- Installation: Exterior
- Interaction: PT, VT, FZT, CZT
- Alarm: LED Light with Beep or Voice Alert via the attached Indicator (IND)
Installed inside the cabin, the Indicator is connected to the Vehicle Tag and provides light and beep or voice alert when the Vehicle Tag detects Pedestrian Tags or other Vehicle Tags.
The Indicator has the detection distances required either entered via the IPAS Toolkit or manually on the device.
- Installation: Interior (Connected with VT)
- Range: Configurable up to 30m (Caution/Danger Area of Vehicle Tag)
- Alarm (Pedestrian / Vehicle):
Caution Range – Slow Beep or Voice repeating “Watch Out”
Danger Range – Fast Beep or Voice repeating “Danger”
Pedestrian Tag (PT)
When people enter the Caution/Danger Range, the Pedestrian Tag creates both vibration and sound alarm. This device is configurable and rechargeable.
- Installation: Carried by people (Armband / Helmet Clip)
- Interaction: VT
- Alarm: Caution Range – Beep sound, Vibration
- Danger Range – Siren sound, Vibration
- Low Battery – Short beep sound – 5 times every 10 minutes
How It Works
Main Operating Characteristics
- IPAS is applicable to all industrial vehicles: excavators, forklifts, loaders, tractors, etc
- Detection of pedestrians and moving vehicles in the area of operation of vehicles
- Detection range is adjustable from 1 – 30 metres in ideal conditions
- System components are all rugged and long-lasting
Flashlight Zone Tag (FZT)
Alert drivers and pedestrians at blind corners or doorways with a flashing light and optional sound.
Connect to the Flashlight Zone Tag (FZT) for use on the other side of a doorway or blind corner.
Crossway Zone Tag (CZT)
Prevents collisions of vehicles entering an intersection in industrial working sites and manufacturing facilities.
External Output Device (EOD)
Use to trigger a light/buzzer, speed controller or for access control
PC Program to adjust settings and for firmware updates for IPAS products