The MAG2000 impact indicators are a cost-effective, resettable and reusable device designed to monitor the handling of fragile goods and freight containers greater than 227 kgs.
The device is also widely used on rail cars and trucking fleets to monitor for excessive impacts during humping or latching.
The MAG 2000 impact indicators utilise two tuned and highly sensitive magnets. When an out-of-tolerance impact is experienced, the magnets are forced out of alignment clearly indicating the angle and severity of impact.
A uniquely designed key is supplied to unlock the cover on the unit. This key allows the product to be reset after activation and resists tampering.
While MAG2000 impact indicators can be used on either a product or the product packaging, it is generally advisable that the MAG2000 impact indicators be placed on the product since the impact experienced by the product itself is generally more important than the impact received by the packaging. The placement of the MAG2000 impact indicators will affect the selection of the proper sensitivity.
- Acts as a visual deterrent to improper handling
- Reduces mishandling through awareness
- Provides indisputable evidence of mishandling
- Alerts recipient to inspect contents before acceptance
- Promotes chain of accountability for all product handling
- Confirms effectiveness of packaging
- Helps identify trouble spots in supply chain, from production to transportation and storage
- Helps increase quality of product from dock to dock