The forklifts Collision Avoidance System (CAS) cautions forklift drivers of the presence of another truck within distances of 3-25 meters (not adjustable).
It can also be used to detect pedestrians within an adjustable detection zone if also required.
A PAS (Pedestrian Alert System) Kit is installed in each of the forklifts to detect each other.
When a forklift detects another forklift in its safety zone, the driver is immediately warned about the potential risk by activating a light and/or buzzer.
The PAS Kit fitted to the forklift includes the following components:
- Activator AC-50 – detector antenna fitted to the forklift to detect when another forklift is within the detection zone of 3-25m
- Power Supply 24V – DC converter dependent upon forklifts power required
- Detection Antennas – fitted to front and rear of forklift
- Test-tag – verifies that the Activator AC-50 is available and working
- Warning Light/buzzer – light will flash when another forklift is within the detection zone
If pedestrian detection is also required you will require the following component:
- Pedestrian Key Fob Tag